The following skin conditions benefitting mainly from dermopathological consultations are:
2) Auto-immune diseases and genodermatosis
3) Melanocyte diseases (naevi and melanomas)
4) Non melanocyte neoplastic diseases (carcinomas, lymphomas , subcutaneous tumours).
Cinzia Di Mattia
- Reviewing and consulting external histological preparations.
- Cutaneous biopsies;
- Unit and Day-Surgery tests;
- External histology tests;
- Cytological tests;
- Dermatopathological consultations
For medical visits carried out at the ISG, please go to the entrance of the Unit of Dermatopathology (on –2floor, blue line, in the Division of Dermatology) on Mondays to Fridays from 9.00-13.00. It is not necessary to make appointments in advance.
The Dermopathology Unit actively participates in the public funding research projects of the Institute.
- Melanoma and melanocyte lesions: assessing markers of proliferation, angiogenesis, regression and linfocitary infiltration;
- Sentinel lymphnodes: investigating micrometastases in melanoma and cutaneous carcinomas;
- Cutaneous lymphomas;
- Follicular tumours as internal neoplastic markers;
- Cutaneous tumors and viruses;
- Molecular mediators of inflammation.
Furthermore, the Dermatopathology Unit carries out professional development and training activities through clinical and histological meetings, internal seminars and self-assessment courses for clinical and pathological diagnosis.